Thursday, August 26, 2010

Found Squirrels: Subway Squirrel

I found this lovely piece of squirrel art the other day while we were on our way to Governors Island on the N train.


I spied it through the dirty windows of the train and, without actually telling B what I was doing or why, I just walked right off and onto the platform. Luckily, he followed me and immediately understood when he saw me standing, wide-eyed, in front of this mosaic.
Here's the closeup. I think it's just exquisite. As an added bonus, we got to wait in front of it for like 10 minutes while we waited for the next train (B probably did not see this as a bonus). I should probably add that this was at the 8 St-NYU stop on the downtown platform.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I've never noticed that mosaic even though the 8th St-NYU stop and I were kind of *likethis* for a while there. Ah, the blinders of new romance...

    I hope all is well with you and B!

    ReplyDelete