Sunday, November 22, 2009

Squirrel Sightings 6

Our last squirrel sighting came in Portland, Oregon. We stayed there overnight near the end of our trip. It was actually my first time in downtown Portland, although I lived on the West Coast for almost eighteen years.

We had wandered around for a bit and I actually had to use the facilities very badly. We ran into the local public library and thought it would be a good place for a pit stop. The public library in downtown Portland is surprisingly ornate, but maybe I just say that because I'm used to the crazy Seattle Public Library. While waiting for B, I looked down and saw that I was standing on top of a squirrel!

It was a beautiful moment, and had B been standing there with me I probably would have kissed him. But instead I spent the next five minutes looking like an idiot trying to take a picture of the shiny floor. Still, what a find!

No comments:

Post a Comment