Monday, December 28, 2009

Squirrel Stuff I Don't Own: Child's Play Laptop

Sometimes squirrels can be found in the most random places.

B and I have several nieces, and this year B went to Target to pick out their gifts. For the 2-year-old he picked out a little play laptop with all sorts of educational games, and, most importantly, lots of buttons to push (her favorite). While I was wrapping I decided to turn it on and play with it a bit (you know, just to make sure it worked).

B came running into the bedroom when he heard my screaming; he probably thought I had accidentally stabbed myself with the scissors, but in fact I was screaming with joy. The host of this tiny, masterful little laptop program? A squirrel. I was so excited I turned it off and on a couple of times just to see him come in and out of his tree and greet me and say goodnight.

I had great difficulty wrapping the present and sending it to the 2-year-old.

No comments:

Post a Comment