Monday, April 20, 2009

Squirrel Stuff I Own: Squirrel Ornament!

I was actually going to save this particular squirrel item for last, as it may very well the cutest squirrel item in my not-so-vast collection. This lovely little dude came from a friend named S* who picked it up for me during a trip to San Francisco.

Now, your first thought upon seeing this delightful little fellow is probably, "Wow, I will never have children as cute as this squirrel ornament." I know that was my first impression. Upon further inspection you might realize that truly no human or animal in the history of the Earth has ever been as adorable as this creature. I swear, if this thing were alive I would've built a cult to him already and would be burning tiny offerings of nuts and stale french fries as part of an elaborate scheme of worship. Luckily, he's just a bunch of twigs stuffed together and spray-painted brown in order to evoke that elusive concept of squirrelness.



*Typically when I abbreviate names in this blog it is to protect the privacy of my friends. In this case, it is to protect my friend's dignity, as she maintains that my squirrel obsession is "weird" and that squirrels are "kind of gross, Casey." I am glad she was able to set aside her own issues in order to provide me with new squirrel joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment