Thursday, February 16, 2012

Chip and Dale: Rescue Rangers!

So I went to Gamestop (my favorite place to spend B's money) the other day, had a disappointing look around the store, and left.  (Side note to all game developers who read my blog: I am not interested in first person shooters or anything that has "Momma" or "Puppiez" in the title.  Please stop making all of those games.)  I was sad, shuffling down the street back toward my officez when I noticed a sketchy man selling comic books had taken up residence next to the sketchy man who sells bongs on that corner.

Now, I have many interests, of wide range and quality, but comic books do not generally rate among my interests.  There is, however, one particular comic series that I was deeply dedicated to in the early 1990s.  "Oh, I'll just check out the kids section of Sketchy McSketcherson's comic book stand," I said to myself.

And I found it. 


Chip 'N Dale: Rescue Rangers, the comic book!  I had a small stack of these when I was a kid, and I remember excitedly pawing through the comic books at Safeway every week looking for the latest issue.  Sketchy dude was selling this for $5, which I'm sure was five times what it cost back in 1992.  But I was in the mood to spend money, damnit, so I did it.  I purchased a small part of my childhood.

You can bet I'll be hanging out on the corner with the bongs much more frequently now!

No comments:

Post a Comment