Monday, February 6, 2012

What do you call a groundhog's laundry?

Hogwash!

As longtime readers of this blog already know, I get really excited about Groundhog Day.  As longtime readers should also know, this is because a groundhog is a type of squirrel (a ground squirrel) and I love any day when we celebrate squirrels.  (I celebrate squirrels every day in my head, but when the rest of the world celebrates with me, well, that is a special day.)  So I threw a surprise Groundhog Day party for my office!


Hey, somebody has to make use of the color printer!   I designed the banner like three weeks ago and I was ridiculously excited about finally debuting it.

Probably the best part of Groundhog Day at my office this year was the presents.  Last year I was super lame and just made cards for everybody with fun facts about groundhogs.  This year I went all out and purchased delightful children's books about groundhogs for each of my coworkers!  And I included a card because I'm an adult now and actually enjoy giving and receiving cards.


I left a gift on everybody's desk so they would have something exciting to greet them when they came in.  I think everyone was suitably excited.  As one of my coworkers put it, "I woke up this morning, saw that it was Groundhog Day, and wondered if there would be some sort of insanity going on at the office.  Why did I wonder that?"


I also purchased special Groundhog Day donuts.  I was going to write some cute little poem about how the groundhog comes out of his hole and now we can all enjoy a donut without a hole... but I couldn't get my shit together in time.  My trains were messed up that morning and I almost didn't make it in time to set up everything for the party.

I think everything came together nicely, and my coworkers seemed both pleased and amused, which is what I was going for.

Next year I'm bringing in a real groundhog!

1 comment: