Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Casey's Foods: Sushi

B is currently away in New York taking the bar exam, and so despite the fact that I live with about nine of my in-laws I'm kind of on my own in some ways. B is not a huge fan of sushi, and he certainly doesn't mind when I eat it, but it's not something I can really share with him so I tend to eat it on nights when he's away. Yesterday afternoon I began craving sushi, and so I walked to the nearest Kowalski's and purchased a chef's sampler.

I forgot to take the picture before I started eating, so four pieces of sushi are already missing from this photograph. Oh man, I love my sushi. It's more expensive here than in New York City, but it was certainly just as delicious, if not more.

After that I spent the rest of the night knitting and watching the last season of Sex and the City. It was a really nice hermit night for me. I haven't posted much about my knitting because I feel that I am very much still a beginner and it doesn't make much sense to show off my knitting at a beginner's level. But I recently finished a shawl for my grandmother and I'm quite proud of it. It's a very simple lace pattern, but I think it's the most complicated pattern I've ever worked on and the largest item I've ever completed. Here's some detail from it.

I'm working on a second one in a nice wine color because I'm weird and I really like to make two of everything I knit. Probably because the second one usually turns out better than the first because I know what I'm doing by that point.

1 comment:

  1. Not a fan of sushi? I suppose you can take the Midwesterner out of the Midwest, but well, you can't make him eat raw fish. Hope you guys have some totally excellent plans to celebrate whenever he gets back! When do you start your big trip? I am jealous of these NY people who are done tomorrow. MA is Wed-Thur, so I haven't started yet.

    ReplyDelete