Thursday, June 25, 2009

Honeymoon Planning

As many of you may or may not recall, B and I got married last September. We didn't really have a chance to take a honeymoon at the time, so we put it off and promised each other that we would take our honeymoon within a year.

Happily, it looks like our honeymoon will be coinciding with our first anniversary. We've decided to take a tour of the national parks in the West and Southwest!

My mother is letting us borrow her sweet VW camper van, the same one my grandparents used to travel all around the country not too long ago. We're planning on hitting some of the major sites, like the Grand Canyon, and other less-known but highly-recommended sites like Zion in Utah. Despite growing up out in the beautiful American West, I have been to very few of the national parks out there. We did a lot of camping as children but generally stayed closer to home and stayed in the smaller wilderness areas that weren't so crowded.

I haven't gone camping in years so I'm excited to get back into the swing of it. I'm particularly excited because I suck at starting fires but B is really good at starting fires so that can be his job. My job will be drinking beer in a camp chair and watching the stars come out every night above our VW camper van.

3 comments:

  1. sounds like a great honeymoon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds so lovely! Will you go to Yosemite? :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome....I look forward to lots of pictures.

    My parents and I camped in Zion, and Bryce, and a place called Canyon de Chelly in NM.....all awesome. I'm trying to remember where else we went on that trip, but those are the ones that stick out in my mind.

    ReplyDelete