Thursday, June 4, 2009

Lilypads!

Last week B took me on the scenic route home from the library. There are a ton of tiny public parks and public lakes/ponds in Minnesota, and we walked by a very nice one that happened to have lilypads.
I realize that lilypads are not really a big deal for most of you. But I grew up in a semi-arid region, and most of our vacations as children involved camping in that same semi-arid region. I had never seen a lilypad, and had only read about them in books, so as a child I was pretty sure that lilypads were an imaginary thing. And I never really reevaluated that thought as I grew older. Imagine my surprise a few years ago when I finally saw a lilypad in real life!

So I still get excited every time I see a lilypad. I know, it's weird, but I do. So I had to take a picture and share with y'all my excitement that I now live in a place where there are lilypads just up the road!

1 comment:

  1. Lilypads are awesome. When we got our engagement photos done last summer, one of the places we went was a park with a pond full of the biggest lilypads I've ever seen. It looked like you could pitch a tent on them. I kept looking for Frog and Toad to show up!

    ReplyDelete