Monday, June 29, 2009

Squirrel Stuff I Don't Own: Decorative Squirrel Plaque

So my grandparents have a lot of interesting stuff at their place. They have interesting books and an extensive collection of Reader's Digest abridged novels. And they have a button collection and lots of farming implements and about a thousand copies of Country magazine. But the coolest thing they own is something that hangs on the wall.

I guess you would call it a plaque of some sort? This actually hangs on one wall with a set of family photos. What does that say about my family? They've had this thing forever, but I think I only noticed it about two Christmases ago. The nut in the knot is not actually glued down, and I suspect my grandmother just placed it in there to make it more whimsical. Or something. Not sure. Either way, I'm totally in love with this. I haven't told B yet, but this will be hanging in our house someday, probably near our family photos. Or in place of our family photos. Depends on how cute our kids are.

A love of rodents runs in the family, so stay tuned for more squirrel stuff I don't own...

No comments:

Post a Comment