Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Squirrel Stuff I Own: Happy Squirrel Chewing Gum

Were I awesome enough to run a chewing gum factory* this is the type of gum I would produce. That's right. You never really thought that squirrels and gum could be combined, did you? Oh, but here they are... in all their glory.

I received this particular squirrel object from my friend A, who recently moved away after living in our neighborhood for a year or so. But apparently she moved to HEAVEN because that is the only place I can think of where such a wonderful item could be made! She sent this to me in the mail, and I bounced around in excitement for almost three hours straight. Really, ask B! Unfortunately, I don't display this chewing gum in our apartment, because... well, it's a little weird. But damn, it makes me happy.




*My dreams of owning some sort of factory started at a young age. My sister and I changed the words to that Simple Gifts song back in church and sung it this way:
'Tis a gift to be simple
'Tis a gift to be free
'Tis a gift to own the sausage factory

It made much more sense this way, in my opinion. The original lyrics are just weird, and how were we elementary schoolers supposed to know what it meant to "come down where we ought to be" or whatever? But it seems pretty clear that running the sausage factory would be a REAL gift.

1 comment: