Friday, May 8, 2009

Squirrel Stuff I Own: Stuffed Squirrel Ornament

You guys, the squirrel stuff has just become so out-of-control around here that I'm actually finding new squirrel things all the time as I start to do my pre-packing organizing. I found this little guy stuffed away in a box, totally unloved! I felt so bad!

So I know he looks kind of like a cross between a squirrel, a snail, and Jabba the Hutt. He is a little strange. I received this as part of a wedding gift from the mother of one of my best friends in high school. The main part of the gift was a really cute recipe box with some of her favorite recipes. This particular mother is a really good cook. My friend C would tell me, "Hey Casey, my mother is making seven layer bean dip tonight..." and within minutes I had arranged to spend the evening at her place watching Wayne's World and eating bean dip. She also made these fantastic cheese balls... oh wow. I think she was responsible for my first cheese ball experience, and what an experience it was!

I'm getting off topic. Cheese tends to do this to me. What was I saying?

Oh yes, so this little squirrel was also stuffed into the recipe box (he fit perfectly). So cute! He has a little loop attached to him that you can't really see in the picture, so I'm pretty sure he's supposed to be a Christmas ornament or just some type of decorative hanging thing. Now that I've rediscovered him, I've given him a nice place on the bookshelf with various other squirrel items.

Okay, even more exciting, people... I rediscovered a piece of squirrel-themed clothing that I own. I know - how could I forget about something like that? And why do I never wear it? But that is for another post...

No comments:

Post a Comment